A Vagabond and A Wizard

When a wandering wizard, chanced upon the Random Paths of a vagabond, thoughts overlapped. For, the wizard could work upon the wheel of words and the vagabond spoke through potent images. Did life stand still when the two exchanged their first greetings? We don't think so, for both joined in a quest of wielding images and powerful thoughts. This blog is a portrait of such efforts...

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mon Kamon Kora Somoy – Timeless Missing

25052009117-somoy

 

Part 1

You pattered against
My drenched window seal,
I watched you
Slowly
Touching the glass,
With a silent clang,
And then
Move down
Breaking and joining
The others
The little thin streams
That collected
Into  little puddle
On the other side

You have been knocking
At my window since dawn

I have been watching your every move,
Sometimes,
Tracing your path with my
Shy yet determined fingers,
Sometimes watching
You getting gathered
Into confident droplets
You pattered ceaseless
As I watched you
From the other side.

 

Part 2

I recall your smile
Among the patterns made
By those raindrops
On the other side of my
Close window.
I recall
How your wet hair
Laid carelessly
Over your shoulders
After that refreshing bath
I recall how soft yet delightful
Your long fingers
Could draw sensations
Over me

But the raindrops and the little streams
That keeps following
Alone the window pane
Is tortuously quiet
It never breathes
Like you do
Over my ears
It never giggles
Even when the lightening strikes
The clouds grumble
Like you do
After my attempts
To make a joke

Raining for a while now,
Raining on, reminding
Me of moments shared
I miss you, beside
My empty self.

 

Words by : Wanderer
Picture by : Aritra

23 comments:

Jidhu Jose said...

Nice

Unknown said...

keep writing more such beautiful lines

Ritu said...

Makes me long for the rain, not the one we get in Delhi - all dust laden and messy

The rain in the hills ... that is true drama

wanderer said...

@ jidhu

thank you, and hope we can keep speaking out our mind through poetry and images, just like you do

wanderer said...

@ ritu

fikar not...we can surely plead those lovely black clouds to give you a awesome drenched visit this year...

wanderer said...

@ anindita...
yes bua with your blessings we know we will go a long way...

Brian Miller said...

wow, very emotive verse...i could hear a song in this as well...raining here today and i will try to see the drops as beautiful as you did...

dustus said...

Enjoyed reading your poem. especially the lines "You have been knocking
At my window since dawn"

wanderer said...

@

Brain

thnx all beauty rests but in the eyes of the beholder

D2 said...

The desires of a lonely mind can at times be the most beautiful that one can imagine. Beautifully portrayed.

Charlie Parant said...

second straight day of rain for me here...this poem was just right for today, thanks,

ভবঘুরে said...

sotti mon kamon kara. chhobi kobita sab miliye. ami anek din bade ekhane elam. torao anek din kicchu publish koris ni dekhchhi.amar abosso bristi bhaloi lage. knacher opare jakhon andhar kara bristi hoy takhon udas mone bose thakte bhalo lage.

Uma Anandane said...

That was a clever poem.Loved both parts of the poem, one of the rain and other of love.

Pundit said...

I agree with dustus.

Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Lovely lines...I liked this poem.

Vikram Waman Karve said...

Lovely - superbly expressed

Anonymous said...

Beautiful -how the raindrops merged and formed puddles and how the thoughts flowed so naturally to join a lost stream of love!

Olivia said...

Part 1 was a perfect "pre" of part 2..

Absolutely awesome.. not only it talked about rains but also filled me up with the thoughts of that special someone.. :)

Very well written!
Hugs xox

Anonymous said...

this writing brings stillness to me...watching the the trickles upon a window as nothing but unconfined nature shows itself,maybe as a gift. absolutely beautiful writing.

..and it makes me miss my wife.

Anonymous said...

such a sadness in that second part, made all the more poignant by the quiet details in the first... a lovely write.

Anonymous said...

as I watched you from the other side - such deep sadness here! What feelings you convey with the window, rain and separation by glass. Nice work!

Unknown said...

Part 2 of Timeless missing is nice. it depicts the memories of missed one compared with current scenario. the final lines'reminding me of moments shared' is worth shared. shows how sad to lose a loved one.

Alcina said...

It's just simply great!..

Landed on your blog for the second time :) could not comment but now i can..lovely...
and the idea of a vagabond and a wizard is superb in itself..